Promotion of national support for medical research by physicians in Israel.
- Work with existing sponsoring bodies (National Fund for Science, the Ministry of Health, International Funds) and government and philanthropical bodies to create new sources of support.
- Work with policy makers in the field of medicine and medical research (Ministry of Health, Ministry of Science, National Fund for Science, health funds, hospitals, universities and colleges.)
- Creation of position papers and recommendations for action for the advancement of medical research in Israel-both proactively and in response to the request of outside bodies.
- Establishment of relations and collaboration with similar bodies abroad.
- Involvement in medical education in conjunction with the Medical Faculties, in order to cultivate the next generation of physician researchers.
- Mentoring for young physician researchers
- Public activity to raise awareness among the public and among policy makers regarding the importance of medical research executed by physician researchers.
- The granting of prestigious awards for outstanding achievements, life's work, as well as a prize for a young physician researcher and for a non-physician health figure.
4.2.2021: Webinar on Regenerative Medicine
The webinar took place on February 4, 2021 and featured fascinating lectures by Prof. George Q Daley, Dean of the Harvard Medical School, and Prof. Benjamin Dekel, Head of thr Pediatric Stem Cell Research Institute at Sheba Medical Center.
27.5.2021: Webinar on Genetics of Breast Cancer
The webinar took place on May 27, 2021, with lectures by Prof. Mary-Claire King, professor at the Department of Medicine and Department of Genome Sciences at the University of Washington, Seattle and prof. Ephrat Levy-Lahad, Director, Medical Genetics Institute at Shaarei Zedek Medical Center.
FEAM- Adult Vaccination report - Invitation