The IMA Ethics Board is comprised of senior physicians from various fields of medicine in Israel. The Board convenes on a monthly basis to discuss ethical issues arising in the field, and to approve principle decisions concerning medical ethics.
The responsibilities of the Ethics Board include:
- Disseminating position papers on ethical topics such as medical confidentiality and patient privacy.
- Acting in accordance with external entities and institutions to promote ethical issues of importance to physicians.
- The review of complaints with ethical ramifications which have been lodged against physicians by private individuals, colleagues, or public institutions.
- The establishment of a review committee in special cases following the filing of a complaint against a physician.
- Organization of a national conference with the participation of physicians, legal professionals, intellectuals and Ministry of Health representatives to debate various ethical dilemmas.
Dr. Tami Karni is the Chairperson of the Ethics Board.
For additional details and inquiries please contact Karen Mashiah Zvang, Ethics Bureau secretary: 972-3-6100523