- Examinees with exam scores of 55-59 may appeal the exam results.
- Registration for the appeal proceeding is via the IMA website, no later than 10 days after publication of the exam results on the website. (Please note: The Exams Committee will not consider requests that reach its office after that date.)
- After the date set for the appeal proceeding, no further proceeding will be conducted and it will not be possible to review the exam.
The appeal proceeding has only one stage and is available only to those examinees entitled to appeal in accordance with their exam score (55-59).
There is no second appeal proceeding for examinees whose score approaches a passing score following the first and only appeal.
The appeal procedure
The Committee will send one notification of the date of the appeal proceeding by regular mail and/or by email.
The appeal will take place about 8 weeks after publication of the exam results.
The examinee only will be present at the appeal.
After the date set for the appeal proceeding, no further proceeding will be conducted and it will not be possible to review the exam.
Examinees will receive the exam questions in the language in which they were examined, the computerized form with the official responses of the Exams Committee, and a summary form with the examinee’s answers.
The duration of the appeal proceeding is two hours. No time extension will be given.
At the end of this proceeding, examinees who are entitled pursuant to a decision of the Exams Committee to appeal the exam questions, will be sent a printed appeal.
*Copying the exam questions is prohibited!
How to submit the appeal:
- The appeal must be printed.
- Each question the examinee is appealing must be printed on a separate sheet showing the examinee number with no other identifying details, the section of the exam in which the question appeared and the number of the answer.
- The length of the appeal must not exceed 10 computer lines in 12-point font.
- For each question being appealed, a relevant list of sources must be noted.
- A summary answer form should be attached, showing the numbering of the questions submitted, along with first name and last name.
- Appeals without these details will not be accepted.
- For the appeal procedure, the determining answer will be the one appearing in the recommended textbook only.
- The appeal must be printed in Hebrew only and delivered to the Exams Committee within 10 days from the date of the appeal proceeding.
- An appeal that is received after that date will not be checked!
- The Committee will respond to the appealing examinee in writing, in a letter sent to the examinee by registered mail. No responses will be given by telephone.
Implementation of the results of an appeal
Every appeal received by the Exams Committee will be run through the computer again and the results obtained will apply to everyone who failed. The original results obtained are final.
In the process of reviewing the appeals, when it is found that an additional response or additional responses should be accepted as a correct answer to a particular question, the decision will apply to everyone who failed that exam, including examinees who did not appeal the score they received and/or examinees who failed but did not appeal regarding that particular question.
The results of the appeal will be published online within two months from the day the appeal is submitted, via the IMA home page, which will provide a link to the results of the appeal.
Following the publication of the results, appealers will have the option to request the following details:
- Details on the number of questions accepted/rejected in the examinee’s appeal. An application for this information should be submitted via this request form within two weeks following the publication of the scores. Replies will be emailed within three weeks from the date the request is submitted.
- Details on the reasons for rejection of the appeal. An application for this information should be submitted via this request form within two weeks following publication of the scores. Replies will be issued by the Exams Committee within 60 days of submission of the request.
- Should an examinee wish to receive details regarding the rejection of their appeal, they may submit a letter to the chair of the Exams Committee, Prof. Maimouni, via this request form. This request should be submitted within two weeks following publication of the scores. The Exams Committee will send the reply of the Exams Committee chair within 60 days from the examinee’s submission of the request.
- This completes the appeal proceeding regarding the contents of the exam.