The appeal proceeding has only one stage and is available only to those examinees entitled to appeal in accordance with their exam score (55-59).
- Examinees with exam scores of 55-59 may appeal the exam results.
- After the date set for the appeal proceeding, no further proceedings will be conducted, and it will not be possible to review the exam.
There is no second appeal proceeding for examinees whose score approaches a passing score following the first and only appeal.
The appeal procedure
One notification of the date of the appeal proceeding will be sent by email.
The appeal will take place about 8 weeks after publication of the exam results.
Only the examinee will be present at the appeal.
After the date set for the appeal proceeding, no further proceeding will be conducted and it will not be possible to review the exam.
Examinees will receive the exam questions in the language in which they were examined, the computerized form with the official responses of the Exam Committee, and a summary form with the examinee’s answers.
The duration of the appeal proceeding is two hours. No time extension will be given.
At the end of this proceeding, examinees who are entitled pursuant to a decision of the Exam Committee to appeal the exam questions, will be sent a printed appeal.
*Copying the exam questions is prohibited!
Submitting an appeal:
Here is a document explaining (in Hebrew) how to submit an appeal online.
Starting from the August 20 date, it will no longer be possible to submit an appeal manually.
The appeal must be submitted within 10 days of reviewing the exam.
The appeal must be printed in Hebrew only and delivered to the Exam Committee within 10 days of the appeal proceeding.
An appeal that is received after that date will not be checked!
The Exam Committee will respond to the appealing examinee in writing, in a letter sent to the examinee by registered mail. No responses will be given by telephone.
Implementation of the results of an appeal
Every appeal accepted by the Exam Committee will be run through the computer again and the results obtained will apply to everyone who failed. The original results obtained are final.
In the process of reviewing the appeals, when it is found that an additional response or additional responses should be accepted as a correct answer to a particular question, the decision will apply to everyone who failed that exam, including examinees who did not appeal the score they received and/or examinees who failed but did not appeal regarding that particular question.
The results of the appeal will be published online within two months of the date the appeal is submitted, via the IMA home page, which will provide a link to the results of the appeal.
Following the publication of the results, appealing examinees will have the option to request the following details:
- Details on the number of questions accepted/rejected in the examinee’s appeal. An application for this information should be submitted via this request form within two weeks following the publication of the scores. Replies will be emailed within three weeks from the date the request is submitted.
- Details on the reasons for rejection of the appeal. An application for this information should be submitted via this request form within two weeks following publication of the scores. Replies will be issued by the Exam Committee within 60 days of submission of the request.
- This completes the appeal proceeding regarding the contents of the exam.
If a candidate takes the exam more than once, the latest exam score will be the determining score.