Ready to apply for a license?
Here’s the process:
- File an application at one of the District Health Offices in Israel and submit the required documents.
- The application will be reviewed by the Division of Medical Professions in the Ministry of Health where the application is reviewed.
- If you meet the requirements, you will be entitled to receive a temporary license to practice medicine in Israel, issued by the Division of Medical Professions.
On average, the licensing process takes 6 weeks.
Want to apply for a license to practice medicine in Israel? You’ll need the following documents:
- An Israeli identity card
- 3 personal photos
- A medical diploma or a letter from the Dean of the medical faculty from which you graduated verifying completion of studies and entitlement to a medical diploma
- An official document confirming the dates of commencement and completion of medical studies
- An official document confirming completion of internship (specifying the wards attended and the dates of start and completion of each rotation)
- A valid license to practice medicine abroad
- Current registration as a physician from abroad
- (If applicable) Specialist certification (Board Certification in the United States)
- Official documents confirming clinical work in hospitals or other medical institutions
- Letter(s) of “good standing” from the appropriate medical board or medical authorities abroad
All documents should be translated into Hebrew and notarized by an official notary in Israel. Three copies of all documents should be submitted.