- Letter to the Scientific Council detailing the request and clearly stating in which fields of medicine the applicant wishes to have his specialty certification recognized.
- Detailed CV-please include email address, residence and updated telephone numbers.
- M.D./Diploma of completion of medical studies
- Israeli medical license (if applicant currently has)
- Detailed description of internship period (if completed)
- Official document from the body responsible for residency in the country or institution where the residency was completed, detailing the residency track performed by the physician.
- The complete residency syllabus for the period in which the residency was performed.
- Confirmation of successful completion of residency exams, if such exists.
- Specialty certificate from the official body authorized to give these in the relevant country (board certification/specialty certification).
- Official documents from places where the physician worked following his/her residency, detailing the physician's work experience as a specialist.
- A specialist in one of the surgical specialties shall produce a list of surgeries that he performed during the course of his residency, signed by the supervising physician. The list of required surgeries in surgical specialties in Israel can be found here
- A specialist in one of the following fields: family medicine, psychiatry, pediatrics or child and adolescent psychiatry, shall complete a form detailing his/her residency and experience as compared to the required track in Israel.
- A physician who worked in Israel for any period in a department accredited for residency shall produce a letter of recommendation from the head of the department in which he worked.
Note: All documents, or copies thereof, may be presented in Hebrew or in English (for other languages please attach a translation). Only copies of documents listed in 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 need to be notarized.
For a convenient search for an Israeli Notary, you can visit the Israel Bar Association website.
Please do not send the original copies of the notarized documentation.
Please send the documents to the following address:
Israeli Medical Association
The Scientific Council
35 Jabotinsky street
The information contained here has been translated from the Hebrew in order to assist those for whom Hebrew is not their native tongue. In case of any discrepancy between the original and the translation, the original, Hebrew version is binding.