Any physician wishing that the Scientific Council review his request to have his specialty certification from a different country recognized shall send a written request to the Scientific Council, and shall attach the documents appearing here.
- The physician shall clearly state the field/s in which he requests specialty certification.
- After receiving the initial request, a representative of the Scientific Council will contact the physician via email or telephone in order to complete the information necessary.
- Two committees of the Scientific Council, a professional committee relevant to the requested specialty and a designated exemptions committee for phase 2 examination, will review the request and issue a decision that will include reference to Council requirements regarding exams, completion of residency periods in Israel and required courses.
- The process generally takes several months and it is therefore recommended to submit requests as early as possible. A physician who has not yet immigrated to Israel may submit a request to evaluate his documents prior to immigration.
- The physician will receive an official, written reply from the Scientific Council by post or email.
For further information, please contact Ms. Anna Bagula, service representative for immigrant physicians at [email protected] or by telephone, +972-3-6100409/444.
Address for sending documents:
Scientific Council, Israeli Medical Association
2 Twin Towers, 35 Jabotinsky Street, Ramat Gan
The information contained here has been translated from the Hebrew in order to assist those for whom Hebrew is not their native tongue. In case of any discrepancy between the original and the translation, the original, Hebrew version is binding.